Toby Awards is under the BOMA or Building Owners and Managers Association, which is a federation that consists of 90 BOMA US members and 18 other international affiliates. First founded in the year 1907, it represents the managers and owners of all the commercial types of property, including the almost 10.5 billion sq.ft. Of US office space that supports around 1.7 million jobs and also contributes to the US GDP at $234.9 billion.
The primary mission of this organization to advance further the vibrant industry of commercial real estate through knowledge, influence and advocacy. You will find here more information on how the TOBY awards are awarded to the one that deserves it.
What is the TOBY Awards?
It’s quite peculiar that the Outstanding Building of the Year Award is referred to as TOBY Awards. It is a very prestigious award since it means that whichever building is given such award, they have adhered to the strict and aggressive standard building code. It is like a Michelin grade for buildings.
This means that the award is given out for competitions. Every facet of the building, not only with how the building is built, every operation is evaluated for the award. They are judged according to various factors, which you will learn more about in this website.
Are you gearing up for this year’s TOBY awards? While you might not be a professional builder, you can still learn a great deal from these individuals. By following in their footsteps, you’ll be able to make your commercial or residential property far more alluring than ever before. There are tons of mistakes that people make that can really ruin their property. Below, you will learn about some of these mistakes, so you can avoid them!
Not Asking For Referrals
There is a good chance that you’re not going to do the dirty work on your own. Instead, you’re most likely going to hire professionals to build or renovate your property. There is nothing wrong with this, but you will need to take precautions to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Before hiring a contractor to renovate your property, it is pertinent to ask for referrals. Speak with friends and family members. These people will likely be able to lead you in the right direction.
Not Contacting Your Contractor
There is a good chance that you feel like your contractor is reputable. You probably trust them to get the job done right. Regardless, you should always keep in touch with the contractor. It is absolutely essential to keep in touch. Many contractors will tell you not to visit the site every day. Remember that you have complete control over the project. Do not afraid to get hands on. Visit the site frequently and stay in touch with everyone. This will allow you to ensure that everything is getting done correctly and to your expectations.
Ignoring The Exterior
Many people put tons and tons of effort into their home’s interior. They want to make sure that their bedroom is gorgeous and spacious. They’ll also perfect their living room. This is great, but you should never ignore the exterior. Speak with timely & professional staten island landscaping experts – EZ Landscapers. When you do, you’ll find out that your property’s exterior is just important. If you ever need to sell the property in the future, the landscaping could make a big different. With a gorgeous yard, there is a chance that you’ll sell the property for more and much quicker than you would otherwise.
Not Having A Budget
Finally, you should always assemble a budget before moving forward. Make sure that you know exactly how much you can spend. Also, you should consider putting together a budget for each portion of the property. For instance, you can have a budget for the living room or dining area. This is a great way to ensure you get exactly what you want without overspending.
Known as The Outstanding Building of the Year Awards, many commercial property owners want to get their hands on such a prestigious award because it shows how well recognized your property is all over the world. But such award seems like not the average person is familiar with. This is highly more popular among those that are working in the industry of real estate. Such a prestigious award will never go unnoticed by these agents. Here are a few facts about this prestigious award.
All About TOBY
TOBY is an annual event. This award is given to the deserving winner, which recognizes the brightest and best in property management, service, and building operations within the real estate industry. The TOBY Awards is not a single award at all. There are 17 different categories in this, and 9 different categories that are awarded for Industry Awards. Since these awards are recognized internationally, the winners in the local area then move to the Regional competition then hopefully they can win an award at the International Competition for the TOBY Awards.
These awards are given during the TOBY and Industry Awards Night on the 11th month of each year.
Below are the 17 categories that get awarded with the TOBY Awards:
- l Historical Building
- l Earth
- l Corporate Facility
- l Office Building (industrial)
- l Renovated Building
- l Public Assembly
- l Mixed-Use
- l Medical Office Building
- l Lab
- l Mid Rise, Award for Suburban Office Park
- l Low-Rise, Award for Suburban Office Park
- l Retail
- l Under 100,000 sq.ft.
- l Between 100,000 and 249,999 sq.ft.
- l Between 250,000 and 499,999 sq.ft.
- l Between 500,000 and 1,000,000 sq.ft.
- l More than 1,000,000 sq.ft.
For the Industry Award Categories, they are:
- l Engineer of the Year
- l Affiliate Member of the Year
- l Affiliate Company of the Year
- l Executive Engineer of the Year
- l Property Manager of the Year (each for Suburban, High-Rise, Mid-Rise, and Low-Rise)
How participants enter the TOBY Awards Competition
- l You are required to read the requirement packet on the call for entries of the current cycle in order to know more about the eligibility of the building for every category. Once decided that your building is eligible and you want to join the upcoming competition for TOBY Awards, you need to contact the right person so that you are letting the TOBY Awards organizers you are participating in the event.
- l Register the building and start building up the content of the building you are submitting for the competition, which is based on the data that you found through the manual of Call for Entries. You can even start entering the data of your building through the online portal, where you can access in this website.
- l By the time you are already satisfied with the entry and that you are to send it, click on the portal’s Submit button. Do take note that once you have clicked on the submit button, the entry you’ve made is already final and that you can never go back and do any changes or updates. The online portal will then prompt the visitor to input a coupon code. This can be found along the “Card Type” at the drop-down menu right on the payment page. This gives you the opportunity to enter your building into the local contest without paying up for any international or regional entry fees. Do take note that once the local competition has concluded at the official event, the application you passed will then be released by the organization BOMA International for the updates and review if you ever wish to move on to the Regional competition for the TOBY awards.
If you are serious about this competition, make sure that you have the details right so that you won’t be making the mistake of entering the wrong info.
18318 New Jersey Dr, Southfield,
Michigan – 48075, United States